FACTS

    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a new report August 26th stating, “For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned,” and that for the other 94% of deaths, “on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.” The flu and pneumonia were the top contributing factors, with hypertensive disease and diabetes also high on the list of additional conditions.

    RIGHT

    The Right believes that the “quietly updated” report shows that how COVID deaths have been presented is skewed. Dr. Marc Siegel noted that the virus is not a major threat to the vast majority of the population who have no underlying conditions.

    “Did we lock down the country over a virus that has actually killed a fraction of the number they claimed? That’s what the CDC says.”

    Ron Paul, physician and former presidential candidate and US Representative for Texas

    “Only Six Percent” has been trending on Twitter, with comments including “Scandemic,” “SIX PERCENT!!!!! It’s all been a SCAM! The biggest FRAUD ever perpetrated against the American populace! Someone(s) should go to jail,” and “You guys out there don’t want to admit you been scammed. Next they will enforce the vaccine on you. #naive.” It is pointed out that in April, the CDC required states to include “probable deaths” in their count as opposed to confirmed Covid deaths. President Trump has “accused the CDC of inflating its death statistics to reflect negatively on the White House virus response.” The Right argues that the risks of continued lockdown are even greater than the risks of reopening.

    LEFT

    The Left says this report merely breaks the numbers down into categories to give people greater understanding of the death toll. The Washington Post‘s senior political writer Aaron Blake argued that this information has been up since May and added “that having other causes of death doesn’t mean you didn’t die of Covid-19.” Dr. David Hilden, Vice President of Medical Affairs at Hennepin Healthcare in Minnesota, said the report should simply cause those with “underlying health conditions” to take matters more seriously.

    “So, the numbers that you’ve been hearing, the 180,000 plus deaths are real deaths from COVID-19. Let there not be any confusion about that.”

    Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

    A communications officer from Kentucky’s Lexington-Fayette County Health Department commented on the use of the word “only” even if 6% of reported deaths were the total death toll: “One is too many, so how does 6 percent warrant such callous language?” The Left calls the Rights’ Covid-stance “misinterpretation” and “conspiracy theories.” It is believed that the death count is likely even higher than reported.

    • Show Comments

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    comment *

    • name *

    • email *

    • website *

    Ads

    You May Also Like

    Attorney General William Barr Resigns

    FACTS Attorney General William Barr has announced that he will resign from his position ...

    Police Reform

    FACTS After recent recurring events that many refer to as “police brutality,” the United ...

    Myanmar Military Coup

    FACTS Democratic leaders in Myanmar, also called Burma, were arrested in a military coup ...

    Home Prices on the Rise

    FACTS Home prices in the US rose 11% in the month of August, the ...

    Supreme Court Rules Electoral College Bound by States

    FACTS The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that states can require the Electoral College to ...

    Worship Gathering Draws Over 12,000 in Defiance of State Order

    FACTS Sean Feucht, a pastor and former Congressional candidate from California, led a Christian ...

    GET LUCIDFIND TOP STORIES OF THE WEEK - ONCE A WEEK